Big results for some of our biggest names in Soul, R&B and Hip Hop on Saturday the 19th October, as the Mobo Awards came to Glasgow’s Hydro venue.
English soul chanteuse Laura Mvulva picked up best R&B/Soul Act and Best Female awards with show opener Tinie Tempah picking up the gong for best Hip Hop/Grime Act. The awards are booked to return to Glasgow in 2015, following it’s first showing here in 2009 and then in 2011.
Highlights on a evening packed with them, included a collaboration between Miss Dynamite and drum and bass legend Shy FX, Rudimental doffing their hat to The Fugees (winners at the debut event in 1996) and a rousing run through of So Solid Crew’s 21 Seconds hit at the finale.
Full List of Winners:
- Best Song: Naughty Boy – La La La
- Best Album: Rudimental – Home
- Best Female: Laura Mvula
- Best Male Act: Wiley
- Best Newcomer: Krept and Konan
- Best International Act: Kendrick Lamar
- Best African Act: Fuse ODG
- Best Hip Hop/Grime Act: Tinie Tempah
- Best Reggae Act: Sean Paul
- Best R&B/Soul Act: Laura Mvula
- Best Video: Naughty Boy feat. Sam Smith – La La La
- Best Gospel Act: Lurine Cato
- Best Jazz Act: Sons of Kemet
- The ‘BeMOBO’ Award: Baroness Doreen Lawrence, founder of the Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust